Believe 2015

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Gift - Friendship



The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.  Hubert H. Humphrey




There is this crazy holiday coming up in just the next few days.  I know some love it and others hate it, but I'm just pretty much indifferent.  My husband and I celebrate - somewhat.  This is one of those times when the gift of friendship is so important.  I use this as another opportunity to reach out to my friends to let them know they are loved.  It's more than just the romantic love that my husband and I share - though not so much on the day we are "supposed" to, but every day.  It's the smallest of gifts, running the dishwasher after I have gone to bed, or telling me he's proud of me.  The gifts I share with others are a kind word of encouragement or a heart-felt prayer, a private message of inquiry when I suspect life is difficult or frustrating as it is for us all.

The gift of friendship can be so difficult to find, it's about putting yourself out there for someone to accept or reject, fear of the unknown and of the possibilities.  What are you going to do to show your friends appreciation for the gift they have given you?

No comments:

Post a Comment