Believe 2015

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Joy - Friendship



I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.
Charles R. Swindoll



Joy?!  It's more than the momentary laughter at a joke, or the quick smile, but the quiet peace that comes from friendship.  There is a great deal of joy that comes from a quick Facebook message, a text message, phone call or even a very old-fashioned hand-written note.  I know because I try to be the kind of friend who does all of those.  There is a quiet joy in knowing that if I am truly in need I can reach out and will have some one to talk with.  There have been a few of my early mornings I have reached out in desperate need of prayer and had a friend there completely for me.  

Whether your friends are new, or have been with you since early childhood, your friends are there for you.  They bring you quiet joy, even if they disagree with you.  What joy can you share with a friend today?

No comments:

Post a Comment