Believe 2015

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Chapter 1 Day 2

My deal was that I was supposed to write 300 words a day on my non-fiction books.  I have done a terrific job outlining.  I think I have outlined myself silly.  I should be ready to go.  I know what I want to say.  I know how I want it to look.  I know what I am supposed to do.  I was actually sitting in my chair(s) twice yesterday.  I had the time.  I was working at getting ready to go.  I had myself psyched to "do this thing".

AND then. . .

Yesterday, I checked a quick email to discover NaNoWriMo has a young writer's version Young Writer's Program, which took an hour to look into, print materials off.  Of course, I needed to go talk with the principal to see what she thought of the idea.  My writing time was gone.

I go home after teaching all day.  I found this blog linky.  The very one I am working on right this very minute.  I spent an hour working on it.  Then I discovered someone working on a way to plan for NaNoWriMo.  So I signed up for that and added the first post to that.  I don't want to fail at that this year.

So here it is October 2 and I'm already 300 words behind in my goal.  300 words, not impossible to over come - it's the chicken in me which keeps seeking ways to not actually do what I am supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment